Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter

Easter was actually low key for us.  For dinner we had ham, asparagus, and potatoes with rolls.  We ate with a member who is just so spiritual and asked deep questions.  It was awesome. We were also able to watch all these Bible videos of Christ and I felt the spirit so strongly.

This past week was a really good, exhausting week.  It was also great too because we got a new investigator who is absolutely golden.  She is in her twenties, has a two year old, and lives with her less active ex-husband.  Our other investigators are about the same.

At our zone picnic last Monday I didn't actually fly a kite, although I did play some Frisbee.  I decided against flying a kite after watching the elders try, but it was quite fun to watch them try.

My health is good.  I however pulled a muscle in my back recently that kills.  I am not sure how I pulled it, but I am being careful and my ankle doesn't bother me anymore.  My least favorite part of last week was getting sunburned, and yes I put sunscreen on.

I did receive the Easter package.  I especially loved the butterflies and the CTR ring, I was shocked when I got it.  I loved the shirt you sent, I wore it on Sunday.  My companion loved the origami whereas I am not skilled in that art, but I try.  We loved the sticky notes.  My favorite part of last week was Saturday night.  We were so hyper!  It was stinkin' hilarious.  We were hyper thanks to all the chocolate you sent.

I love my companion Sister Robinson.  She is such a sweetheart and is such a bubbly person.  She makes me giggle almost everyday.  So more on my companion:  She is one of six in her family.  It goes, girl, boy, girl, boy.  She has a niece and a nephew and she loves musicals.  She went to UVU before coming on her mission and all of her family is musical.  No one else in her family has served a mission.

For personal study I am studying the Book of Mormon and then for companion study we are studying the nature of God.  So far I have learned that He is loving towards all His children and we honestly just need to trust in Him, because God isn't going to lead us astray.  He also shows us that He loves us every day and we just need to recognize it.

My district is doing fine, although we are currently struggling for baptisms. I also found out that we were only allowed to be on Facebook last week.

My interview with President was find.  During my interview last week he asked me if  I had anything I am struggling with and he also asked me what my definition of obedience is.  I said I wasn't struggling with anything and I said being obedient is the way you act when no one is looking or telling you to do it.  You are obedient because you love the Lord.

Love ya,
Sister Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment