Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tis the Season...

I am staying with Sis. Wright and we are in a trio.  Our new companion is Sis. Neu and she is the cousin of my last companion.  She has been out 6 months and she is the oldest and has four brothers and is from Hawaii.  She was at BYU for a year before coming on a mission and she always wanted to serve a mission. We became a trio because they combined my old area with the elder's area. We all get along pretty well.  We have bunk beds now, and I am on the bottom bunk.


My week was pretty good.  We saw a lot of people and we have a new investigator.  Sadly we had two investigators drop us this week and one of them was on target to get baptized but he was afraid he would lose family members.  But overall, it has been a pretty good week.

The white elephant gift exchange last week was actually pretty boring.  There was no fighting over gifts or anything.  For the white elephant gift I bought fruit cake. LOL

My health has been pretty good for the most part.  I've been fighting a cold that came with a fever, but it’s all good.  I’m surviving.

The weather is being bi-polar right now.  It will rain, then the fog rolls in, and then it’s sunny.  I’m staying warm, so no worries.  

My favorite part of last week was taking pictures in a park full of lights at night.  It was really cold, but really fun.

So a couple of things made me laugh.  One was we got stuck in mud...the both of us. Then when we were headed home, I was talking to Sis. Wright about a scary movie and suddenly our car completely slows down to going 10 miles per mile. so we basically inched our way back home...I was laughing so hard. Then one time my companion decided to scare me so she jumps out around a corner and I jump back and fall on my bum. She was laughing so hard at my reaction.

This past weekend we had a ward Christmas party where we were to dress up as “Who’s” and we talked about how He is the Gift.

Something that touched my spirit was during testimony meeting on Sunday Sis. Wright and I were basically called angels because we were the answer to a 13 year old boy's prayer.  

We watched the Christmas Devotional at a members house, but we missed the beginning of it.  By the way, I love opening the letters each day that go along with the Christmas tree.  The stories really touch my heart.


We listen to the Christmas CD's you sent in the car. 

 I am looking forward to the Zone meeting this week.

I haven't asked about the phone call on Christmas yet...sorry!

Gotta go,..Love ya!
Sis. Donner


No comments:

Post a Comment