Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Nampa, Idaho

My first week in Idaho was fine.  We have been visiting people nonstop.  There are a couple of people we are teaching.  One is a referral from missionary headquarters, another is a less active  family where dad is a member, but the kids are not.  They are great kids and very willing to learn.  They'be committed to a baptismal date of February 22.  The last family we are teaching is also a part member family with a special older boy and they are a very sweet family.

I did let the mission president know about my issues with bikes and he said that he usually has sisters in a driving or walking area.  So, I am in a driving area and I believe we serve in North Nampa.  We cover two wards, the 16th ward and the 21st ward, which means two sacraments.  The members in this area feed us a lot.

All letters and packages should be sent to the mission home and then they will get them to us.  The mission does not have iPads, yet.  I do not know who is in my district yet, but I do know who is in my zone and they are really fun and goofy.  The remind me of both my zones from the Tempe mission.

My companion and I are fine.  She loves choir and singing, is a hard worker and very obedient.  She has been out three months.

OK, my least favorite part of last week would have to be saying goodbye to my district from the MTC and my favorite part of this week was visiting people.

I have received everything you have sent.  Thank you for sending Olaf, I laughed when I saw him.

Love,
Sis. Donner

No comments:

Post a Comment